Transforming the economy to an industrial base
To its rural and agricultural roots, and its promotion of lifestyle, tourism, recreation and heritage, Haldimand County has added the basics for an economy that depends increasingly on industry. The basics include:
- Strong, skilled workforce, with lower incomes than the provincial average
- Ontario's largest greenfield tract for development
- Proximity to the 130 million people in the North American industrial heartland
- A well-developed industrial base and infrastructure
The strengths of these basic elements of industrial success are shown by Haldimand's many successful enterprises:
- Heavy industry: steel mill, electrical energy generation, petroleum refining
- Food and food processing: consumer condiments, poultry, dairy, soil conditioner
- Transportation: trucking
- Mining and processing: gypsum mining and wallboard products
This Directory offers a detailed listing of businesses operating in Haldimand County. It was updated in 2010.
This Directory offers a detailed listing of industrial businesses operating in Haldimand County. It was updated in 2010.
To add your business to the Industrial or Business Directory, please complete the Business Directory Update Form.