The Haldimand County Fire Department employs 280 volunteer fire fighters operating 40 fire apparatus from 11 fire stations making it one of the largest volunteer fire departments in Ontario. Incident response includes:
- First response to emergency medical incidents.
- Response to motor vehicle collisions.
- Response to structure and vehicle fires.
- Response to hazardous materials and carbon monoxide incidents.
- Public assistance requests.
- Response to outdoor (grass, brush) fires.
Messages from your Haldimand County Fire Department
To request a Public Education Safety Presentation for your group, please complete the request form giving the department as much notice as possible so we can try to accommodate it.
Fire Safety Education Request
It's now the law in Ontario to install carbon monoxide (CO) alarms in your home if you have a fuel-burning appliance or an attached garage.
Carbon Monoxide Guide
Carbon Monoxide Alarm Info
Ontario's New CO Alarm Law: A Call to Action for Homeowners