The Haldimand County Fire Department employs 280 volunteer fire fighters operating 40 fire apparatus from 11 fire stations making it one of the largest volunteer fire departments in Ontario. Incident response includes:
- First response to emergency medical incidents.
- Response to motor vehicle collisions.
- Response to structure and vehicle fires.
- Response to hazardous materials and carbon monoxide incidents.
- Public assistance requests.
- Response to outdoor (grass, brush) fires.
Check out this great educational video for kids!
When the Smoke alarm sounds !
The 2016 Fire Fighter Recognition Event was a huge success. Being a volunteer fire fighter requires such dedication and Haldimand County recognizes these individuals for all they do. Each year fire fighters are recognized for long time service, promotions, retirements and to welcome our new recruits. 2016 was the highest number of recruits at 27. It's a night for the fire fighters, for the municipality to say "Thank-you" for all you do!