For Residents

Collage 5

Water and Wastewater Billing and Payments


FAQ button 

Your Water and Wastewater bill is now separate from your electricity bill.

Water and Wastewater bills are issued by Haldimand County Water and Wastewater; your electricity bills are now issued by Hydro One (formerly Haldimand County Hydro).  Now that Hydro One has taken over electricity billing in Haldimand County, you have a new electricity account number that is different from your Water and Wastewater account number.

Customers who purchase bulk water at the County’s water depots and septic customers are not impacted by any of these changes and will continue to be invoiced directly via the County's Account's Receivable Division.

 How can I pay my Haldimand County Water and Wastewater invoice? 

Haldimand County offices do not accept payments for municipal water or wastewater invoices. 

There are a number of easy and convenient ways to pay your invoice!  

Payment Plan Calendar 

Pre Authorized Payment (PAP):  
Enjoy worry-free, on time payments through the convenience of our Pre-Authorized Payment Plan.

When you sign up for the plan, we automatically withdraw payments from your bank account on the due date indicated on each Water and Wastewater bill.  Enroll below today!
PAP Download Button 

Mail to:  
    PO Box 95510 RPO Newmarket CTR  
    Newmarket, ON  L3Y 8J8 

Fax to: 1-844-458-6573 
Application forms are also available at County Satellite Offices. 

Financial Institution  At most financial institutions:  
You can pay in person at the teller; at the ATM or using your financial institution’s on-line or telephone banking. Please ensure you specify “Haldimand County Water and Wastewater” as the payee to ensure correct payment allocation.
Mail  By mail: 
Please make your cheque payable to Haldimand County (Water and Wastewater). 
Our mailing address is: 
    PO Box 95510 RPO Newmarket CTR  
    Newmarket, ON  L3Y 8J8 
Credit Card  By MasterCard or Visa (A convenience fee will apply)
Online: Available through Paymentus    or   
Call: 1-844-361-1871 and select the option for Credit Card Payment  

 Important Notes: 

  • Remember to add Haldimand County Water and Wastewater as the payee for online and telephone banking.  
  • You have a new electricity account number that is different from your Water and Wastewater account number.
  • All payments must be in Canadian Funds only. 
  • Payments cannot be accepted at Haldimand County Administration Offices.  

NOTICE TO LAW OFFICES:  Effective January 1, 2018, the fee for an Arrears Certificate changed from $15.30 to $15.50 and is HST Exempt.  (Per By-law No. 1749-16 Schedule C)

Billing and Collection Timeline: 

Timeline Graphic 

Enquiries regarding: 


 Billing enquiries should be directed to the Haldimand County Water and Wastewater call centre at 

Haldimand County Water and Wastewater customers can access the customer service call centre 24 hours a day. 7 days a week. 

Reading Your Water Meter: 

 For moving and setting up a new account:
Please use the Customer Account Form that is available on the County’s Website (see Customer Account Form button below) and in the County’s satellite offices.
Or contact Haldimand County Water and Wastewater at:  1-844-361-1871.

 Button Account Form 

If you are not moving but need to Change your Contact Information i.e. email, telephone number(s), mailing address on your account, contact Haldimand County Water and Wastewater at 1-844-361-1871, or Fax: 844-458-6573 or Email:  Please provide your Account Number and Service Address along with the required change. 

The Housing Stability Bank (formerly called the Rent and Utility Bank)
Financial assistance, in the form of a loan, for people with rent and/or utility arrears and who are facing eviction.  For more information, click here.

Water and Wastewater User Fees: 

 pdf_mini2018 Water Wastewater Charges Bylaw 

Pdf Icon Schedule A - Metered Charges 

Pdf Icon Schedule B - Bulk Service Charges 

Pdf Icon Schedule C - General Fees 

Pdf Icon Schedule D - Refusal and Tampering Charges 

Pdf Icon 2018 Average Customer Impacts 

Call Hydro One (formerly Haldimand County Hydro) related to all electricity issues at: 

  • Hydro One Customer Communications Centre 
  • Toll Free:  1-844-743-6173
  • Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
  • Power Outages and Emergencies 
  • Toll Free:  1-800-434-1235
  • 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
     Fax:  1-888-625-4401
Interior Footer

©Copyright 2001 - 2015, the Corporation of Haldimand County.