Tax Payment Plan Methods
Click the image below to see how your average tax dollar is distributed among services in Haldimand County!
If you have recently moved, changed your mailing address, changed your banking information or had any other changes to your tax roll information, please print the form below and return to one of our offices
Tax Roll Information Change Form
- in person at most banks in Haldimand County. Please make sure you take your complete tax bill with you.
- on-line banking - internet/telephone banking using your property roll number indicated on your tax bill. Enter payee as Haldimand County Taxes.
- postdated cheques - if a receipt is required, please enclose your complete tax bill and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- in person at County Offices located in Cayuga, Dunnville, Caledonia and Hagersville. After Hours mail slots are available at locations
- by mail - if a receipt is required. please enclose your complete tax bill and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- ALL PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN CANADIAN FUNDS ONLY
- FAILURE TO RECEIVE A TAX BILL DOES NOT RELIEVE THE TAXPAYER FROM PAYMENT OF TAXES
- The ratepayer can join the monthly payment plan where deductions will be taken out on the 1st of each month.
Applications must be received three weeks prior to the first of the month and all taxes must be current before the application is accepted. For more information please contact the Tax Department
- Tax Payment Plan methods
2015 Interim Due Dates
- First installment - March 31, 2015
- Second installment - May 29, 2015
- Municipal Tax Sale proceedings can begin once taxes have been in arrears for at least three years including the current tax year. The first step in the Municipal Tax Sale process requires the County to register a Tax Arrears Certificate on title of a property.
- The debtor has one year from the date of registration of a Tax Arrears Certificate on title of the property to pay the cancellation price (which includes all of the taxes levied and outstanding, all accrued penalty/interest and costs).
- Failing payment within that year, the Treasurer is required to proceed with a sale of the property through a public tender.
Unofficial Results for December 3rd, 2014 Tax Sale Tender
Haldimand County Budget Documents and Related Rates
Water and Wastewater Budgets and Rates
Tax Supported Operating Budgets and Tax Rates
Tax Supported Capital Budgets and Forecasts
Municipal Management Performance Program Results
Continuity of Building Permit Cost Stabilization Reserve Fund
For more Tax Information please contact the Tax Department at 905-318-5932