ALL PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN CANADIAN FUNDS ONLY
FAILURE TO RECEIVE A TAX BILL DOES NOT RELIEVE THE TAXPAYER FROM PAYMENT OF TAXES
2016 Interim Due Dates
- First Installment - March 31, 2016
- Second Installment - May 31, 2016
Late payments will result in a penalty and interest charge of 1.25% of the outstanding taxes applicable the first day past the due date. This charge is applied for the entire month.
Interest will be charged on tax arrears on the first day of each calendar month.
Penalty and Interest charges cannot be waived.
Click the image below to see how your average tax dollar is distributed among services in Haldimand County!
If you have recently moved, changed your mailing address, changed your banking information or had any other changes to your tax roll information, please print the form below and return to one of our offices or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Municipal Tax Sale proceedings can begin once taxes have been in arrears for at least three years including the current tax year. The first step in the Municipal Tax Sale process requires the County to register a Tax Arrears Certificate on title of a property.
- The debtor has one year from the date of registration of a Tax Arrears Certificate on title of the property to pay the cancellation price (which includes all of the taxes levied and outstanding, all accrued penalty/interest and costs).
- Failing payment within that year, the Treasurer is required to proceed with a sale of the property through a public tender.
Unofficial Results August 26th, 2015 Tax Sale
Water and Wastewater Budgets and Rates
Tax Supported Operating Budgets and Tax Rates
2016 DRAFT Tax Supported Operating Budget Presentation
Tax Supported Capital Budgets and Forecasts
Municipal Management Performance Program Results
Continuity of Building Permit Cost Stabilization Reserve Fund
For more Tax Information please contact the Tax Department at 905-318-5932