For Residents

Collage 2

Background SpacerCaledonia Town Hall
80 Caithness Street East, Caledonia, Ontario.

Built in 1857, the former Caledonia Town Hall has been an integral part of the community, at one time serving as a public meeting hall, the lock-up, and a farmer's market. It is a fine example of Victorian design.

Features Designated:

  • Buff brick pilasters that divide the building’s length into five equal bays
  • Stone capitals surmounted by a wooden entablature with dentil detailing, and classic pediments that enclose the gable ends
  • Large Palladian triptych style windows framed by paired pilasters on the front and rear facades
  • Front entrance with a transom panel over the door (also triptych style)
  • Two triple flue chimneys




Interior Footer

©Copyright 2001 - 2015, the Corporation of Haldimand County.