For Residents

Collage 4

Background SpacerCampbell-Pine House
393 Highway #3, Cayuga, Ontario.

History:
Donald Campbell, who was among the earliest settlers in the North Cayuga Township, built this two-storey limestone house in 1850. In addition, a large portion of Donald Campbell’s circa 1847 stone cottage is incorporated into the walls of the house as it now stands.

This house can be seen as a representative example of a large 19th century farmhouse in an Ontario vernacular interpretation of the bracketed or Italianate style.

Features Designated:

  • Cedar shingle roof
  • Pine fascia, v-matched soffits, cornice with brackets
  • Stone masonry of all exterior walls
  • Pine sash and frames of all windows
  • Three exterior doors on front (north) elevation with storms and screens
  • Verandah

campbell-pine_tn

 

Interior Footer

©Copyright 2001 - 2015, the Corporation of Haldimand County.