For Residents

Collage 13

Background SpacerEdmondson - Weaver
1610 Concession 13, Townsend, Ontario.

History:
This land was originally owned by Scottish novelist, John Galt, and was used to relocate the poor of Britain and Europe after the Napoleonic War and growing industrialism. John Edmondson, from Ireland, bought the land in 1867, and built this house circa 1880. It is a vernacular version of the Italianate style.

Features Designated Exterior:

  • North, East, and West elevations
  • Eaves brackets and gable bargeboards
  • Portico of north entry

Features Designated Interior:

  • Staircase newel, balustrade, and string
  • Window and door framing displaying corner blocks with incised leaf design

 edmondson_weaver_tn

Interior Footer

©Copyright 2001 - 2015, the Corporation of Haldimand County.