For Residents

Collage 5

Background SpacerGibson - Alderson House
830 Highway #6 South, Caledonia, Ontario.

History:
A fine example of a large family farm house built circa 1889. Situated on one of the century farms in Oneida, it was at one time the home of 24 descendents of Mary Sinclair Gibson (including Sir John Gibson, the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario from 1908-1914). It is a two-storey brick construction of semi-Gothic design with full height bay windows on the front and south sides.

Features Designated Exterior: 

  • Full height bay windows
  • Cornice block detail
  • Front door including stained glass transom
  • Hardwood floor detail
  • Wainscoting detail
  • Archway door detail
  • Staircase
  • Imitation marble fireplace made from steel complete with hearth tiles
  • Heat Grills
  • Ceiling medallions
     

 gibson_alderson_tn 

Interior Footer

©Copyright 2001 - 2015, the Corporation of Haldimand County.