Paramedic Services Week is an opportunity to acknowledge all of the hard work paramedics perform across Ontario. Their knowledge, skill and quick judgment are why they are vital to our healthcare system.
Haldimand County will be taking part in this year's celebration with a Paramedic Services Week Barbeque - Saturday May 28th at Foodland in Hagersville, 34 King St E between 11:00 and 14:00 hrs. There will be a barbeque and paramedics will be on site to showcase their skills as well as answer questions, and give tours of the ambulance and equipment.
As well, Haldimand County EMS will be hosting 2 Open Houses during the week:
- May 24th 2016 - Caledonia EMS Station - 10 Kinross St E - 11:00 - 14:00 hrs
- May 26th 2016 - Dunnville EMS Station - 117 Forest St E - 11:00 - 14:00 hrs
This is a great opportunity to bring the family out to see your local stations and visit and talk with the paramedics that serve our community with dedication.
The mission of the Haldimand County Emergency Services Division is to protect the lives and property of our citizens and visitors by providing prompt and professional services in the event of fire, accident, medical emergency, disaster or any other event which may threaten the public welfare.
We will service the community through fire and accident prevention, education and the immediate response to emergencies.
We will provide high quality and caring services to those who live in, work in and visit our County - safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Provide a timely response for all service requests.
- Provide highly trained and skilled staff.
- Reduce the incidence or injury, loss of life and property damage by providing public education programs, accident and injury prevention and fire prevention services.
- Conform to legislation, regulations, standards and policies thereby mitigating liabilities/losses to the County's assets.
- Be responsive to local economies so that our service model reflects the needs of the community we serve.
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity in the conduct of providing public service.
- Treat all persons with respect, compassion and dignity.
Haldimand County Emergency Services encompasses the following areas of responsibility:
- Haldimand County Fire Department
- Haldimand County Emergency Medical Services
- Community Emergency Management Program
- Public Access Defibrillation Program
- Flood Co-ordination
- Pandemic Planning