Emergency Preparedness Week is May 1st - 7th 2016. Here are a few important reminders when it comes to Emergency Preparedness:
1. Make a Plan
In an emergency, your family may not be together, or you may be asked to evacuate your home. Thinking about what you would do in different situations and preparing a plan with every member of your family is the first step to being prepared.
2. Build an Emergency Survival Kit
Your emergency survival kit should have everything you and your family would need to be safe and take care of yourselves for at least three days immediately following an emergency.
3. Be Informed
There are two main ways that you can be informed about emergencies: sign up for Ontario's emergency alerts, and learn more about the hazards you can face and how you can be prepared for them.
The mission of the Haldimand County Emergency Services Division is to protect the lives and property of our citizens and visitors by providing prompt and professional services in the event of fire, accident, medical emergency, disaster or any other event which may threaten the public welfare.
We will service the community through fire and accident prevention, education and the immediate response to emergencies.
We will provide high quality and caring services to those who live in, work in and visit our County - safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Provide a timely response for all service requests.
- Provide highly trained and skilled staff.
- Reduce the incidence or injury, loss of life and property damage by providing public education programs, accident and injury prevention and fire prevention services.
- Conform to legislation, regulations, standards and policies thereby mitigating liabilities/losses to the County's assets.
- Be responsive to local economies so that our service model reflects the needs of the community we serve.
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity in the conduct of providing public service.
- Treat all persons with respect, compassion and dignity.
Haldimand County Emergency Services encompasses the following areas of responsibility:
- Haldimand County Fire Department
- Haldimand County Emergency Medical Services
- Community Emergency Management Program
- Public Access Defibrillation Program
- Flood Co-ordination
- Pandemic Planning