Over the next couple of months firefighters will be going door-to-door with educational information on smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. They will also be offering to test your alarms if you would like.
Only working Smoke / Carbon Monoxide detectors save lives.
The mission of the Haldimand County Emergency Services Division is to protect the lives and property of our citizens and visitors by providing prompt and professional services in the event of fire, accident, medical emergency, disaster or any other event which may threaten the public welfare.
We will service the community through fire and accident prevention, education and the immediate response to emergencies.
We will provide high quality and caring services to those who live in, work in and visit our County - safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Provide a timely response for all service requests.
- Provide highly trained and skilled staff.
- Reduce the incidence or injury, loss of life and property damage by providing public education programs, accident and injury prevention and fire prevention services.
- Conform to legislation, regulations, standards and policies thereby mitigating liabilities/losses to the County's assets.
- Be responsive to local economies so that our service model reflects the needs of the community we serve.
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity in the conduct of providing public service.
- Treat all persons with respect, compassion and dignity.
Haldimand County Emergency Services encompasses the following areas of responsibility:
- Haldimand County Fire Department
- Haldimand County Emergency Medical Services
- Community Emergency Management Program
- Public Access Defibrillation Program
- Flood Co-ordination
- Pandemic Planning